The Nebraska Entrepreneurship Task Force (NET Force) is an actively engaged group of collaborating
partners focused on the high income, high skill and high demand entrepreneurial career opportunities
available to Nebraska’s youth and adults
NET Force identifies and leverages educational resources to educate, engage and empower current
and potential entrepreneurs.
- Increasing access to and utilizing entrepreneurship curriculum
- Expanding education and training opportunities
- Identifying, coordinating and leveraging resources for ongoing support of Nebraska entrepreneurs
- Locating and securing funding to further the mission
- Increasing the marketing and outreach of entrepreneurial programs and services in the state
Why choose an entrepreneurship career path?
- 60 percent of Nebraskans ages 18-29 are interested in starting businesses
- Among the 300,000+ Nebraskans ages 18-29, there are about 84,000 with genuine interest in starting a business.
- 91 percent of adult Nebraskans with children believe entrepreneurship is a positive career choice.
- 85 percent of Nebraskans feel it is important or very important for colleges to teach entrepreneurship.
- Most new jobs created in the United States come from the creative efforts of entrepreneurs engaged in endeavors ranging from micro-businesses to large-scale ventures.